Re: 'Brabham' Spitfire...

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 'Brabham' Spitfire...
From: PHBJohns@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:35:12 EST
Thanks for the reply, Andy. I suspect I will have problems with the Coventry
Climax fouling the existing bonnet as it is quite a tall OHC engine. I was
considering replacing the bonnet with either a GT6 spec Honeybourne Mouldings
GRP 'Le Mans replica'  (with the fared in head lights) or a GT6 spec Chic Doig
'rally' GRP bonnet (with the 'frog-eye' spotlights).

We shall see. Bonnet selection will be some while off yet as I still have to
save up to rebuild the engine. Coventry Climax spares are priced for people
with Lotus, not Triumph sized restoration budgets!

cheers,

Paul