Fastener Threads

To: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fastener Threads
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:45:28 -0500
Mark,

There's a pretty good chance that you'll find Whitworth nuts on your
carburettors though. If I remember right, they're specified oddly: 1/2
inch, for example, means the length along one side of the hexagon of the
nut or bolt is 1/2 inch.
There are probably only one or two sizes you'd need though, so you might be
able to get away with a Metrinch or similar tool rather than hunt down or
send away for the purist version. If you actually need these nuts I think
it would then be time to visit a British car supplier.
If I'm wrong I hope someone with real knowledge rather than a vague
recollection will speak up.
Have fun,
Regards,
Jim Wallace
60 TR3a
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Subject: Re: Fastener Threads - Thanks

.....I can pick up the fasteners I need locally. Pretty cool. I had visions
of trying to track down some arcane ghost of Triumph past, going through
some dark blood ritual, and swearing an oath of secrecy just to get my
hands on a thread gauge. Not so. At least no oath, other than what I mutter
under my breath while removing the 30 year old originals.

Anyhow, Thanks again. This list is great.
Mark
'68 TR250s (Soon with fresh new bolts of proper grade)