TR6 clunks

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 clunks
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:06:13 -0500
Again, my first IRS Triumph....TR6 clunks in the rear...sorry now that I
didn't pay closer attention to these threads before I had a 6 --

It clunks on acceleration and deceleration.

Chassis brackets and diff mounts are all sound, no fractures.

No discernable looseness in u-joints but I may replace them anyway.

Halfshafts -- should there be any play at all in the splines? I can take
hold of mine and wiggle them.

Hubs -- should there be any discernable play in the hubs -- that is,
when I grasp the tire and wiggle it like I'd check for looseness in
front bearings, should I be able to feel ANY play in rear hubs?

Thanks again to the respondents on the best list on the net....

--
uncle jack
61 TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer