Re: Ooooops [little LBC]

To: Bob Danielson <rdaniels@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Ooooops [little LBC]
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:58:10 -0800
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Thanks Bob.

First of all, those who can't wait can go directly to the image:
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD/Digital_TR6.jpg

Bob Danielson wrote:

> My apologizes to the list on my previous message for viewing the PC
> Computing Magazine picture. It appears that most people can't view it!! A
> quick explanation: I'm a Beta tester for Microsoft and installed the latest
> Beta version of Office 2000 last night. Part of the package is Front Page
> 2000 which, of course, I used to create the web page with the picture.
> Problem is........ only people with Internet Explorer can view it. Netscape
> can't read the HTML as written. I'll have to modify it tonight. Let the
> flames and Bill Gate's jokes fly!
Since you ask...
"No were not trying to push netscape out of the browser
market. It's just a coincidence that Netscape can't view pages
created with our software. Honest."

<geek content>
Actually, I looked at the source, and like all generated
html, it's totally hideous. I think what pushes
netscrape over the edge is omitting the final </table>
</geek content>

Finally, is that a Lucas Copilot ?

--
Reed "vi IS user friendly" Mideke                      rmideke@interbase.com