Re: Attaching Exhaust Pipes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Attaching Exhaust Pipes
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:16:48 GMT
On 16 Dec 1998, Lawrence R Zink wrote:

> You do not need to apply anything to the pipes.

IMHO an exhaust jointing compound (I use one from Holts, no idea if it
is available in the US) helps a lot in ensuring gas tight connections,
and making disassembly (and even assembly) much easier.

> I would strongly suggest the use of clamps because
> of the myriad of repairs requiring removal of the exhaust system to
> facilitate the completion of the repairs.

Do use liberal amounts of copper grease on the threads - this makes it
possible to take them apart again!

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022870 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway