Re: TR6 clutch problem/Brake Fluids

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch problem/Brake Fluids
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:13:06 +1100 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 1:12 PM -0000 13/12/98, Trmgafun@aol.com wrote:

>In my opinion, if you are rebuilding the entire system anyway, then it might
>make sense to make the change if you're a believer in DOT 5, and have an
>expensive paint job.  If you're already using the other, I would stick with it
>and make sure you don't dribble any on the paint.

Thanks for all the views on silicone brake fluid.

I am not rebuilding the system, just refilling it when I replace the broken
hose.  The system is almost empty, but it has not been cleaned to remove
the old fluid.  What would be the best way to do this?  Flush it with
silicone fluid?

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U