Re: BRG paint

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Subject: Re: BRG paint
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:39:32 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Musson, Carl wrote:

> But Pantone Red 1115 is the same regardless of where you get the color
> chart.  True, the color as viewed on a monitor make look different.
> This is also true with the Dockers or ICI numbers.  Those colors are
> formulated to specific portions of basic colors.    Triumph Conifer
> Green; or "TRue" Signal Red made with the correct formula will look the
> same to all.  Well, that isn't true.  How you perceive a color may be
> different than how I do.  That is particularly true of Blues & Greens.
> But that is another subject.
>
> Bottom Line - A color you like is the best way to go...  m2cw.
>
> Later,
> Carl F. Musson,
>
>         You can't tell which way the car went
>         by just looking at the road...
>         TR3A's - TS25264L ('58 Almost Daily Driver)
>         & TS81802LO - ('61 Concours d'Wannabe)
>         Tampa, Florida (USA)
>         http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/
> <http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/>

I once was at a show where we had 11 "Signal Red" cars side by side, and
you know the answer, 11 different shades of red, for 11 "different"
owners, now you know I would never lie about the true color of my car as
well as any other owner would not also, because we all know there is only
one BRG as well.