Re: Body work advice

To: mike iverson <MIver41357@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Body work advice
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:50:46 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On 6 Dec 1998, mike iverson wrote:

>    I need advice. I am in the the process of dismantling my spit. I've
>removed the doors,seats,
> bonnet,lid,and will be tackling dash tommorow. My question is I have a bad
>rocker and quarter panel
> on the left side. Since I am replacing the frame
> when would be the best time to replace them. Now on the old frame ,after I
>remove the tub from the old frame or after I put it on the new frame.

If there is any danger of body flexing when you remove it from the frame,
then weld or bolt in (welding preferred) some reinforcement.

If you are confident with your welding skills then fix the body while it's
off (it's easier to get at everything)

If you aren't confident, fix it when it's on the new frame.  Then you can
check your work as you progress.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm