Re: wire wheel conversion

To: padraic mullin <paddyfm@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: wire wheel conversion
From: Russell Seto <ruset@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 22:35:33 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mike Thompson has a good idea, but you don't have to have a spacer made
for you at a machine shop.  If you have a Pep Boys nearby, go and buy
one of their aluminum spacers for the four hole bolt pattern.  These
wheel spacers are about 1/4" thick and just slightly larger in diameter
than the inner hub of the wire wheel.  You will see them, but they won't
matter except to a purist.  My buddy who owns a 63 4 has them on his
wires and they work great.  If no Pep Boys around, try an automotive
speed/custom shop that sells fancy rims.

Russ
TS43694