Re: To our new list members

To: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Subject: Re: To our new list members
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:11:54 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Mike Thompson wrote:

> This is a great resource of info. I have looked for similar lists for
> american cars for some friends and have found none. British car people seem
> to help each other out more than other groups. Enjoy!

Hear, hear!

I lurked over to the Oldsmobile-list and found it to be a poor source of
information.  I needed to weld the frame on my dad's 83 oldsmobile...
general response to my queries was "Why?"  (...because it's broken?)

Also am on the Mazda RX-7 list at the time (they don't talk much about
Spitfire engine RXs).. have found it to be full of "people of questionable
cranial capacity".  For instance- passenger is usually referred to as
"cupholder".  Everyone knows that the passengers' seat is reserved for a
mechanic!  Also see questions like: "My 88 RX-7 has a puddle of green
stuff under the car.  Do I have a coolant leak?"  Also far too many
Street-Drag Race Reports and I Crashed My Car Reports...

That being said, there is good stuff on both list... tho I must admit,
nobody like Rich or Johnny...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm