Re: Heater fan switch operation, TR6

To: dynamic@transport.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heater fan switch operation, TR6
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:32:44 EST
In a message dated 98-12-01 10:09:24 EST, dynamic@transport.com writes:

> I notice that in order to use the slow fan speed, I have to pull the switch
>  out to the MAX (highest) fan speed FIRST and then push the switch in to the
>  low speed position.  If I pull the switch to LOW from the OFF position,
>  nothing happens.  My question is:  Is this normal??

Pete,

No, this isn't normal. Sounds like the motor/bearings are dirty. The extra
torque of the high speed is enough to overcome the "stickiness" and get the
motor spinning, after which the low speed will keep it running. The low speed
setting doesn't have enough torque to "break it loose."

Or, the electrical connections for the low speed are not very good. If the
motor doesn't get full voltage on the low setting, the results could be the
same as above (coupled with dirty bearings).

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74