RE: TR 6 Midas Muffler Replacement

To: "'G. Ganoung'" <gg07165@spectra.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR 6 Midas Muffler Replacement
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:35:46 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I've used Midas mufflers for over 20 years on my 73 TR-6. Paid about $90.00
for the original and not one dime since on at least 3 or 4 replacements. You
know...As Long as You Own the Car. They will tend to want to weld the joints
but will use standard clamps if you insist. As I recall the mufflers are
usually Walkers. The 73 is bored 40 over and souped up a little and tends to
break baffles loose internally after a few years and I had one that started
"oil canning" but over all I have no complaints with the Midas system.

Deano