RE:Matching Numbers

To: Toad <toad@storm.ca>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE:Matching Numbers
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 08:13:59 -0500
Toad,

I agree that matching numbers (match the BMHT certificate), but they are
not essential.

What are you looking for in your car?

If you want a clean, strong running car, who cares what number is on the
engine as
long as it does its job?

If you want to win Concours, then the numbers probably matter.  But a
grinder and a set
of impact dies and a new commission plate can fix that right up!  ;-)

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com
(P.S.  I have one of each type (good runner, non-matching numbers
ANYWHERE!) and
an all original all matching car getting restored)

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
From: toad <toad@storm.ca>
Subject: Matching Numbers

Listenati
To me, matching numbers are most important.  Vehicle number and engine
number must match assembly data in order to have a vehicle that has
clean lineage.

What are your thoughts?

Toad
<