Re: rivets, tonneau cleaner, snaps???

To: tthorn@comp.uark.edu
Subject: Re: rivets, tonneau cleaner, snaps???
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:11:02 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< 1. Where do you buy a hand rivet gun that will *fit* the snaps for
 tonneaus, etc?  (No, the one in the Moss catalog won't, according to the
 person on their 'phone line yesterday!)  Makes you wonder why they have it
 on that page!!!
I got mine from JC Whitless a few years ago. It was one of the better ones and
the picture showed the pointed "nozzle". Works great. You can find these in
stores also if you look.
 2. My tonneau is oldish and a bit dirty - any suggestions for cleaning?
 I've done the warm, soapy water without very much improvment.
Armorall, nu-vinyl, silicone spray in copious amounts - these will make it
shiny for a few days.

 3. My '79 Spitfire has studs and grommets to make the tonneau-to-dash
 attachment.  Has anyone successfully replaced this arrangement with snaps,
 and liked it?
  My TR4 has snaps in front while the TR3's have lift the dots. They are about
the same, although the 4 has a lot fewer snaps.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4