Re: Tan Fuzzy Door Seal

To: bandrece@accessus.net
Subject: Re: Tan Fuzzy Door Seal
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 01:08:19 EST
Cc: TR Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
In a message dated 11/27/98 4:44:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bandrece@accessus.net writes:

<< A short time ago a question was posted about finding tan door seals from a
 source other than TRF because of the backorder time.
 I also have an order with them, but tried Rimmer Bros in England.  Found
 what I needed on their WEB page, so I order a set of door seals on the 18th
 of November.  To my surprise they arrived today.  Cost was approximately
 $52.00  (31.72 Pounds) and shipping was free.  They describe the color as
 'Chestnut' but it is the same part number as TRF.

 Frank

 '76TR6 CF57005U >>

I also need new Tan Door Seals for my 73 TR6. I checked out the Rimmer Bros.
site and would like to know if P/N RX3000BEIGE (cost=15.86 pounds ea. side - 2
needed) is the correct number for a "Tan" fuzzy door seal with black rubber.
Is the color Tan or is it more like Dark Brown?
Are you pleased with the quality?
My existing original seals are worn quite a bit, and I would like to buy new
ones to improve the seal between the doors and jambs as well as improve the
interior appearance, but I would like to know if the color and quality of the
Rimmer seals is correct.
My interior vinyl color is "New Tan" and I would prefer "Tan" not "Dark Brown"
seal material.

Thanks,
Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6 (Mallard/New Tan)