Re: Moss support

To: tr357@cdsnet.net
Subject: Re: Moss support
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:49:20 EST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< VB as you have all said, are order takers-but we all know that
 and accept that; TRF usually has a busy line. They are very helpful, but
 do tend to back-order. Not to be impolite, but I do get tired of reading
 why we must all support TRF or we are all doomed. (I know how far I
 would get with my customers if I took that approach.)I know Charles
 means well and is very attached to this business. >>

Hi,

This (back-orders) has been a complaint of TRF for far too long and I'm very
suprised they haven't done something to remedy the situation.  Several years
back, they seemed to have taken on the "just in time" approach to stocking
their shelves, probably to lower their stock, thus saving money on overhead.
Unfortunately, this approach will also cause customers to go elsewhere when
they can't seem to fulfill orders, and sometimes loosing them for good.

It would be nice if they could bite the bullet, and simply obtain the
backordered part from a competitor to fill the order, and keep a happy
customer.  I once waited months for a can of backordered 3M rubber adhesive
that they probably could have purchased from their local hardware store and
completed the order.  They may not have made any money on that particular
item, but at least I would have had a good experience with them, and I
wouldn't think twice about ordering again.

Now that I own a Triumph again, I will probably give them my business because
I would prefer to support them because of their continued support for the
marque, and good quality parts.  I've never had a problem with their quality.

Scott Helms
'76 TR6