Re: [Fwd: Hagerty Classic Insurance]

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Hagerty Classic Insurance]
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:44:44 EST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Mike,

        I have a Triumph and a DeLorean both insured with Hagerty and my son
 has three MG's insured with them.  I have nothing but good comments about
 them.  They understand that people that have classic cars tend to go out of
 the way to make sure nothing happens to that car.  Hence, the risk is
 smaller then a normal car.  I would never consider using anyone but a
 classic car insurer for these cars.  Of course, you also have to show that
 you have regular insurance for your other cars.

 Ron  >>

Hi,

One important question.....do they insure the car whether it is involved in a
club funtion or not?  Some of the classic car insurances only cover the car,
in the event of a traffic accident, if it is taking part in a club funtion.
One of our local club members drove his MGA to a birthday party on a Friday
evening this past summer, and got rear ended by a drunk.  The birthday party
was not a club function and his insurance did not pay.  I can't say right off
hand which classic insurer he was using, but he is no longer with them, nor is
he driving his car...bummer.

Scott Helms
'57BN4
'76 TR6