Re: TR3 or is it a TR3a

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3 or is it a TR3a
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:29:26 -0500
Cc: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>, "'Daniel McClain'" <dan.mcclain@sbti.com>
I can recall reading that there were "transitionary" cars, with the TR3
front end and the TR3A rear.  I doubt that there were cars built by the
factory with the opposite (with the wide mouth grille with a single
center brake light), but it _could_ happen.

I would check the front inner fenders for dimples for the more recessed
headlight buckets.  I have seen an early TR3 racer that had the wide
mouth grille.  Only one inner fender was the later type (with headlight
recess).  I assume this was what was available for repairs.  We
concluded that the nose was replaced, probably due to racing damage.
Back then, the narrow mouth nose was rather hard to get, than was the
wide mouth.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net