Re: TR4A SU Carb Problem

To: bjohnson@mmm.com
Subject: Re: TR4A SU Carb Problem
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:57:33 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 bjohnson@mmm.com wrote:

> If the carbs are HS6 s then you should check that the Choke mechanism has
> not stuck in the on position.  It is underneath the carb on HS6s and should
> slide IN when the choke is off.    I spotted this on mine before it gave me
> problems, so I don't know what the symptoms are !

They're not stuck in the ON, but they may be maladjusted.  The carbs do
choke when I yank the button, and seem to choke 'less' when I push it back
in.  It may not be turning them all the way off though.

Thanks for the reminder... today I will probably have some daylight hours
to spend on the TR4 so I hope to have the carbs running a little better.

-Malcolm