Re: TR3 exhaust system recommendations?

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: TR3 exhaust system recommendations?
From: RDB52670@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:20:12 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Drew,

        I have the stock exhaust on my 3A.  It's ok.  Now, my father's 3A is a
different thing altogether.  Back in the 70's he was restoring his 3A, and
found a stock of old Abarth exhausts.  It makes the car sound like a Ferrari.
Beautiful resonance and tone.  If you can find them, there great.  But please
let me know if you find them.  We need to replace all of our systems.  I have
had the Monza on a TR4 the have good tone also.  Had an Anza on my 4A also.
Seemed the same as the Monza.  Maybe a little better. The glass packs help to
muffle some of it. It all depends on the sound your looking for.  My brothers
MGB had the Monza alone and you could hear him coming for miles.  Too bad the
car didn't look as fast as it sounded. But what do you expect from an MG.

Good Luck,

Rob