Re: BMIHT Certificates

To: gpark@crosslink.net
Subject: Re: BMIHT Certificates
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:25:48 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
George,

The certificate tells you what date your car was built on, what date it left
the factory, what options it had such as leather seats or Over Drive.  It lists
the orginal key numbers on the locks.  Also lists the engine, body and
comm #'s.  That what people are talking about when they say matching
numbers.

Here is a URL that Joe Curry has provided.

http://home1.gte.net/spitlist/BMIHT.htm

Check it out, cost is about $40 US.

> One more try - I've seen some posts about these BMIHT Certificates.
> What are these?  How do I get one?  What's the benefit?  I have
> paperwork from the original owner (I'm owner #2) and the original
> selling  dealership.  Do these certificates document the car from
> factory to dealer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> George Parker
>
> George R. Parker          |  THINK -
> AHNTECH, Inc.             |  It's good practice for when
> (540)663-5936             |  the computer goes down.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1973  Spitfire Mk IV       (for sale or trade?)
1962 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108