Nasty TR6's

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nasty TR6's
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:27:29 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

This weekend, I decided to start stripping parts from one of the two
parts cars I bought a while back. Pretty interesting stuff. But what I
wanted to vent about was the frame... the previous owner had taken time
to repair the frame sections where they had rusted through on the bottom.
Well, wouldn't you know that the top of the frame is rusted through in
the area that is under to passenger compartment.

This car is completely toast. I'll hopefully get a core transmission and
diff and axles from it. The motor is siezed, so I have no idea what's up
with that. Oh, and I'll get the trailing arms and front a-arms... so it's
not a total loss.

The funny thing is, the shelf that acts as the battery tray is almost
perfect. No rust! I can't believe it. Of course to use that part on any
restoration means that you have to totally dismantle the body... turns
out that I need some sections of that part for another project.

This weekend I heard a horror tale. A buddy that runs a restoration shop
threw away a whole pile of TR6 trailing arms because he needed the space.
Yikes. He didn't give me a number (of how many he trashed), but I presume
this means that he threw away at least 10 or more of these items...

See ya,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |