Herald question (Andy)

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, <JRossi727@aol.com>
Subject: Herald question (Andy)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 01:31:32 -0000
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Andy Mace wrote

>The chassis is THE critical piece on a Herald. If main
>rails (the "backbone") are rusted, it's almost not worth dealing with.
If
>any of the outriggers (actually comprising a majority of the frame
bits)
>are bad, they can be replaced. To do most of them properly, though,
>involves removing the body.

>Of those outriggers, the one that should be looked at most carefully
is
>the one to which the radius arms mount for the rear axles. It is
rather
>common to see those pieces weaken and rust or break away. Since it
locates
>the swing axle, you really DON'T want that loose or missing.

On para 2 of the above - I'll drink to that, big time! If the body
looks good but the chassis
looks suspect through rust or extensive welding over the years, do one
thing

WALK AWAY FROM IT  - AND DON'T EVER HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS. Your Visa
card might get you through that one come the third millenium.

John Mac