Stupid question # 1357 of ???

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stupid question # 1357 of ???
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:44:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

OK, I'll get this out of the way:  I'm only partially mechanically inclined,
but I do love Triumphs anyway.  Probably not a good mix, but what the hell,
I love 'em!

Simple problem:  is there something that holds the 'cap' nut onto the end of
the axle, or is it just stubborn?  I want to replace the wheel bearings on
the GT6 and can't get the cap nut and brake drum off to get to the axle
shaft.  So far, no amount of elbow grease seems to be able to budge the
thing.  Before I break out the vise grips, BFH, and 5 ft. pipe, I thought
I'd ask if there wasn't a pin in there or a right handed thread or
something.

Thanks in advance for input!

Scott Decker
70 GT6+ KC79034L