Re: Trailers et al

To: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Trailers et al
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:07:31 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

Just wanted to throw in a comment here.

With respect to "people's choice" awards and VTR, I believe that the host
club has the final say on the format of the people's choice, so if the club
is trying to save money on awards - not awarding a gazillion people's
choice awards does save some money...

How much? You  might ask...

Well, there's certainly a few hundred dollars worth... and this is a pet
peeve of mine, actually. I used to shine my car and all that stuff (I still
do, just not as often), but I never won any awards. I got tired of seeing
folks with cars that have pukey non-stock paint jobs, over-restored details
etc. getting awards, so I stopped voting for participants choice and in
most shows I don't even put the little placard on my car identifying it...

Know what? I still have as much fin as I used to, but there's no "let down"
at the awards...

Oh well.

later,
rml