Re: General Motorhead Questions, I Think

To: "Jackson, Dee" <Dee_Jackson@gilbarco.com>
Subject: Re: General Motorhead Questions, I Think
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:11:12 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
D.,

  Here's a simple (although not necessarily helpful) thing to check- are
the plug wires in the correct order and location?  By correct location
I mean is the rotor pointed at the numberone wire when number one is
TDC.  The location is problably right, since you would have had trouble
strobe timing otherwise. But double check the firing/wire order.
  This simple problem drove me crazy when I first fired up my rebuilt Volks-
wagon flat four engine, due to the VW's weird cylinder numbering system.
Front of engine...front of car...what's the difference....(hint: BIG difference)

                                         JOE IV
                                         TR 250
                                WALLINGFORD, CT. USA.