lubricating poly bushings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: lubricating poly bushings
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:28:01 -0500
>Bud wrote:

> I used (at the retailer's suggestion) blue Marine grease on some poly
> bushings I put in another vehicle.  Comes in a tube and is what you're
> supposed to use on the wheel bearings on a boat trailer.  The Marine
> grease is supposed to hold up better to being submerged in water
> (don't try this with your car).  Don't know if it's really any
> different from regular grease but my bushings squeaked when I didn't
> do it and have been perfectly quiet since I used the blue Marine
> grease on them (going on four years).  I'm going to do it to the
> squeaky poly bushings (you put it where the bushing contacts any other
> surface) on my TR6 this winter since the PO apparently didn't.
>
> Bud 71TR6 CC57365

British Parts Northwest, from whom I purchased my poly bushings,
recommended I use generous quantities of anti-seize as pre-lubrication
for the poly bushings. 1,000 miles so far and no squeaks at all. Rides
great with blue Moss upgraded springs and Spax shocks.

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6   rattles, clicks, grunts, groans, but no squeaks ( both of us)