Re: visitor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: visitor
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 12:45:48 -0600
> > > are when they communicate on this list. He showed me pictures of his
> > > two recent purchases of T/R 3'S and I think Brad would turn them
> > > down, he wished he had now, also. A very fine day in all.  "FT"
> >
> > Fred, you would be proud of me.  Yesterday I looked at two rusty TR6's
> > and a pretty decent Spitfire and walked away without buying anything!!
> >
> But you did not mention that you were also meeting Jane Burden.

Fred, thats only because I haven't had time to write up my trip report!
Actually I met three list members in the last three or four days.
Wednesday I met Lee Janssen when I delivered a TR6 diff that he bought.
Also got to see his TR6.  Nice looking car with several niffty little
items added on.  I don't remember the technical term for it but he has a
pressurized oil reservoir that injects oil into the oil galleries just
prior to an engine start up, the most interesting item though was the carb
that he had mounted on his dash.  I'm not sure I understood all the
details of that either but he uses it to help in tuning the carbs.  If you
want the details you'll have to contact Lee.

Later that night I met Bud Rolofson who also has a real nice TR6.  Went
for a short drive in that car and was real impressed with the overall
ride.   I've got some pictures of Bud's TR6 that I'll be adding to my web
page sometime in the next few days.  He has the Triumph bug just as bad as
everyone else. He can't seem to stop ordering  little miscellaneous parts
from Moss and TRF whether he needs the stuff or not!!

Then finally Friday evening Bud and I managed to make it over to Jane
Burdekin's place.  We were kind of intruding at that time since it was her
sons birthday and she had a house full of kids and grand parents.  Got to
meet her and her husband.  Both really nice people.  Janes GT6 has been in
her possession since 71 if I remember right.  Very nice looking GT6.
Personally I've seen so few of these cars its nice to see someone take the
time and effort to keep them looking and running good.  I think though in
a few years she's going to have to fight off her daughter for the rights
to drive the car!

Well I guess that takes care of my trip report!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1961 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108