Re: Grill

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "Ed Woods" <fogbros@nb.net>
Subject: Re: Grill
From: "Hans J. Wimpelmann" <wimpelm@online.no>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 10:01:28 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
To: Ed Woods <fogbros@nb.net>
Date: Saturday, November 07, 1998 04.31

>On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Ed Woods wrote:
>
>> Isn't a TR250 grill identical to a TR4A grill?? I'm new at this 250
stuff.

>I *think* they are the same piece of sheet metal, with different
>cosmetics:  The TR250 grille has been "detailed" with black paint to hide
>the vertical bar(s) in the center and around the lights.
>
>I could be wrong.  Never paid attention at the last few car shows where
>there was both types side-by-each.
>
>-Malcolm

Malcolm,
In his authorative work "Original TR4/4A/5/6" which was released recently,
Bill Piggot says :

"The TR5 grille, like the TR250's, evolved a little further, with matt black
paint on upward facing surfaces of the horisontal bars".

Also there is another detail that changed :

"The starting handle aperture had finally disappeared, although the
corresponding front valance cut-out still remained !"

Hans J.