Re: Unleaded fuel

To: pboldtrix@juno.com
Subject: Re: Unleaded fuel
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:36:39 EST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I agree with Art Kelly -- there's
 way too much flap about unleaded fuel.  In 1964 I bought a brand new MGB
 (at age 26) and burned  nothing but Amoco premium unleaded gasoline --
 the only unleaded fuel you could buy at the time .  As I recall , it was
 a concensus opinion then that sportscars ran better "without all that
 gunky lead", them being such exotic machines.  Anyway, I put over 100K
 Miles on that car before selling it  in 1971 and never had any problems.
  Then again, maybbe it was the Castrol oil  (with castor oil )  that I
 always used.

I also agree.  From what I've always heard or read on this subject, if you're
driving under normal circumstances and not pushing the car too hard, the
engine will survive with unleaded fuel just fine.  If you are into pylons,
pulling a trailer, or any other kind of hard use, you may want to update the
head the next time it's convenient, but otherwise waiting 'til the next time
you tear into the engine would be a good time.

Scott Helms