Re: Tire recommendations

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tire recommendations
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (G. Wiederholl)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:47:02 +0100
AL DUFAULT schrieb:

> Hi All,  I am currently looking to replace my Mich. red lines with a more
> modern tire.  I have the rear tube shock conversion installed.  Does any
> one have any suggestions as to the best size?  Brand? Etc. to use for
> this application???  I would appreciate any input.  Thanks.
> Al Dufault
> '74 TR6 CF13539U
> Activities Director
> Adirondack Triumph Association, NY

Hello Al(l),

in the latest TRIUMPH magazin of my local club there is a list of 8 tire sizes
between 185/80 and 225/50 for the TR 6. There are figures for wheel size, RPM ,
section height, final drive ratio, real speed, indicated speed etc. and how
each
figure is related with the other ones. This information was researched by Bob
Lang of Massachusets.I think itīs very usefull and well worth to search for it
in the www.

If you canīt find the web page of Bob Lang I could send you a JPG copy of the
list.

BTW Bob Lang states "215/70 looks ideal for TR 6 replacement"

Regards

Gerhard Wiederholl

CC 31998 LO