Re: Restoration: where do I start?

To: chansen@anr.net
Subject: Re: Restoration: where do I start?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:56:31 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< So where do I start?  Collect lots of boxes and margarine tubs and
 take the car apart?  Or sell the car to Brad Kahler :-)

 Cliff Hansen
 chansen@anr.net
 1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L

Cliff

Paint and body work is easy! Anyone can do it! (snicker)
Actually to me this is one of the most difficult areas of endeavor associated
with old LBC's. My guess is you're going to do this no matter what anyone
says!
The course sounds like a real good deal and a better idea. My advice would be
to fix whatever needs it ( ever do any welding?) and paint the car. Figure
about $1000 in new tools and paint, minimum. Pull the motor and trans and do a
complete overhaul - another $1000. Check the wiring and if it needs it get a
new harness. Right about then you will realize that you might just as well
have gone the extra mile and pulled the body! There really isn't a simple
answer here. Just try not to bite off more than you can chew.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4