RE: TR6 Speed Bleeders

To: "'Trevor Jordan'" <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Subject: RE: TR6 Speed Bleeders
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:43:02 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> Do you know when the change took place and did it affect only
> the front calipers?

No I don't know when the change from standard thread calipers to metric
thread ones took place. But yes it did affect only the front calipers. With
your late 74 you should have metric threaded calipers if nothing was altered
since new. Moss and VB catalogs both seem to indicate the change took place
at comm #'s cc81078 (last standard thread car) and cc81079 (first metric
car). Don't know about TRF as I don't have the info handy right now.

The only way to know is to check it out yourself. But according to the
published data, your car should have the metric calipers.

HTH.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---