RE: Replacement keys - TR6 PI

To: "'Michael Noerregaard'" <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Replacement keys - TR6 PI
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:04:29 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Michael, here is a long shot:

I recently swapped the front signal light lenses on my 76 to those from a 75
(just cause I liked the 75 ones better). While removing the driver's side
lens, I found a set of factory keys for my car. Apparently, many TR6s had a
second set of keys "hidden" somewhere on the car (usually in a light lens)
and the dealer prep was supposed to find them in case the originals got
"lost" on the ship rode over. In the case of cars like mine, I suppose the
originals either made it safely or the dealer just forgot to remove the
spares prior to selling the car.

The only thing you get from the heritage certificate are the key numbers.
There may be key cutters who can cut british car keys from numbers. I have
never had to do this so do not know.

HTH,

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---