TR6 Brakes Seizing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Brakes Seizing
From: ewcorco@erenj.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:44:36 +0100
This weekend I had my TR6 (1971) out for the first time in two months.  All
went well, until roughly 20 minutes into the ride when the brakes (all
four, as best as I can tell) began to slowly seize, without releasing.

Got it home - they were hot (of course), almost completely seized, and
completely ineffective when I did pump the pedal.  After cooling down
(about 3 hours) they began to roll fine, again.  I haven't had time to
assess the damage yet.

I had had this happen to me on the front several years agao - replacing the
flexible hose to the calipers seemed to fix things.  The master cylcinder
was rebuilt on the car five years ago, and it has DOT-5 (silicone) in the
system (previous owner).

Any ideas?  Can't be too many things for such a simple system.  It's a
tough problem since, when seized, the car can't even be towed home.  Thanks
in advance......

Ned Corcoran
1971 TR6