Re: Shifting Problems - 74 TR6

To: "Edward Hutchinson" <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Subject: Re: Shifting Problems - 74 TR6
From: "Ed Woods" <fogbros@nb.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 11:25:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Ed,

Very interesting, I never found a clutch adjustment on a TR6.

Sounds like a clutch, clutch hydraulics, or clutch pin (the one holding the
fork to the shaft) problem to me. If you're satisfied that the hydraulics
move the slave cylinder rod the appropriate distance, then you're going to
have to look inside (remove the gearbox) to troubleshoot further. TR6's are
notorious for problems with the clutch assemblies themselves, especially the
aftermarket parts now being supplied.

Ed Woods