Badges? Badges? Where do I put these stinkin' badges?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Badges? Badges? Where do I put these stinkin' badges?
From: TR66pack@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:28:39 EDT
Hi Listers,

Let me clear up some comments on the badge placement.
As editor of 6-Pack I did the research and compilation a few years back of
where the "TR6" decals go, where the Union Jack decals go, and where the BL
badges go. This information was obtained from owners who knew for a fact they
had badges and decals put on at the factory.

> I found the issue of 6-Pack in which the placement of badges and flags
> is discussed. It is Volume X, Issue 3, printed in October, 1992.
>
> Courtney Hanson of Pebble Beach, CA supplied the dimensions from a
> "factory
> original" car that was purchased new in October, 1972. I originally
> thought
> the information was taken from a factory Technical Service Bulletin,
> but having found the article I learned differently.

No factory service bulletin or specification have ever been found, by me or
anyone else (including TRF), that details the placement of these items.

> It further notes that it is important to remember that the decals and
> badges were applied by hand and, as such, slight variations in the placement
> of these items, even on factory original cars, can be expected.

Very true!

> Finally, the article notes that the badging and decals were not
> applied until after they left the factory. I expect they are implying they
were
> applied to the cars by the dealer. Has anyone else read this? I suppose a
> Technical Service Bulletin should exist telling the dealers where to place
the
> items.
> Anyone know any further details?

This must be a misinterpretation of what was written as I never had any reason
to believe, or print, that the decals were applied anywhere but at the
factory. The only dealer applied decals I'm aware of are the optional striping
package.

Finally, the Summer issue of 6-Pack will be mailed (hopefully) by the end of
this week. Watch for it in your mailbox and check your mailing label. If it
says "Expired", this will be your last issue unless you renew. If you expired
with the Spring issue, you'll get a "Friendly Reminder" card soon.

Kerry