TR4/4A tops (was 4a top)

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca
Subject: TR4/4A tops (was 4a top)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 16:29:57 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-06-27 15:21:06 EDT, walker05@camosun.bc.ca writes:

> Before I phone the guy, can someone enlighten me as to the differences
>  between a TR4A top and a TR4 top, i.e.:
>
>  -Does the 4A top come right off and stow in the trunk
>  -how does the 4A top latch at the windshield end
>  -what kind of snaps are used on the chrome capping on the back

Malcolm, careful.  The 4A top does not come off  like the TR4 top.  The 4A top
is permanently attached in the rear (like the TR250 and TR6).  The hood sticks
were also different as was the method of attachment at the front.  The two
styles are not interchangeable - but you could modify your car for either.
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L
VTR vehicle consultant