Re: Transmission woes

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <fogbros@nb.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission woes
From: "Robert Van and Ann Cross" <vancross@visuallink.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 18:13:24 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Ed,
I was afraid you were going to say that it was the 1st countershaft gear.
Most likely I'll bite the bullet and buy a rebuild .  I'm not  crazy about
putting in a used gearbox only to have to do it again when mine is rebuilt.
I only want to have to do this once.  I mentioned TRF since I live in
Winchester Va. which would be close enough to Armagh, Pa. to drive up there
and pick it up/drop mine off as a core.  The other option would be having
mine rebuilt.  I'm sure that the guys/gals of the Capital Triumph Registry
will know someone who is reputable.  Any CTR members Present?  I'll let you
know how it turns out.  Actually you may hear from me sooner since the
transmission removal procedures in Haynes look pretty daunting.  I haven't
checked the factory manual yet.

Talk to you soon,
Bob