Re: Rocker Arm Feed Kit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rocker Arm Feed Kit
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 15:19:34 -0700
>Dennis;
>  I've never installed one on a spit ,but on a TR6 the feed runs off the
>oil pressure switch to the rear of the head. Beware there can be a problem
>with too much oil in the top end. I recently rebuilt the head on my 6 and
>installed a feed kit. After driving it a while the smoking did not
>subside. Posing my dilemma to the list, I was prompted to remove the feed
>kit and now it uses oil in a normal fashion. I'm sure you'll get some
>input from the "spit crew" on thier experiences but thought you should
>hear of my trials.I still have a feed kit for sale if any listers are
>interested $30.00 plus shipping (slightly used)
>Tim Hutchisen
>CC57787  1971

FWIW, I've been using a rocker arm oil feed kit in my 75 Spit for over 3
years. Absolutely no probs
whatsoever (knocking on wood). Your motor's head had better be tight and in
decent shape though.......it
will probably increase oil consumption on worn out head.

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!