Heralds for Sale in UK

To: Triumph List <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Heralds for Sale in UK
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:47:59 -0700
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.classic
Hi Everyone,
    Having realised (again - this happens from time to time) that I have
several cars which I cannot justify keeping, I have decided to sell two
of my Heralds. They are;

No 1 is a 1970 13/60 Saloon. Runs and drives ok. Valencia blue with a
white stripe, it's fitted with a Vitesse 2 Litre Mk2 Bonnet and bumpers.
It has the wrong seats fitted, ugly but very comfortable. I drove this
one home after fitting a new waterpump, she drives nicely and pulls like
a train. There is an annoying electrical fault (indicators Vs
Sidelights, and no, its not the grounding!). Also, the Brake fluid level
has dropped while the car has been stationary for a month or so. I
simply don't have the time to investigate, so I'd like to sell her for
around £250. This would not be a good choice for a restoration project,
but would be an excellent hack (my original intention).

No 2 is a 1966 1200 Convertible. This is a much better restoration
project, but is a lot further from seeing the road. All the important
bits like the floor and seat pans and rear deck are excellent, rear
arches are just going off the return lip. The boot floor has rusted
through at the front edge. Some of the trim and door internals are off
the car, but will be supplied. The bonnet is a replacement as an earlier
type was fitted when I bought her - this is not currently fitted up, but
placed on the front end.
    This car is not a quick project, but is not the usual filler and
fibreglass case. I would want around £450 for this one.

    If anyone is interested in these, they are located in Swindon,
Wiltshire. Drop me a line with any questions,
    Regards,
        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
\________________________/  1970 Herald 13/60 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
 |_|                  |_|   1972 Spitfire MkIV