TR6 ride height

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 ride height
From: "Lars G. Johnsen" <lars.johnsen@lili.uib.no>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:28:38 +0200
Listers

While changing the front bushings, and after reading Puhn's book "how to
make your car handle", I noticed that none of the front A-arms are
parallell to the ground. Both  upper and lower arms are pointing to
ground viewed from the pivoting points. According to the book, at least
one A-arm should be level, and so should the outer tie-rod, or at least
it should line up with the steering rack (On my car, the outer tie rod
is drooping). Theory aside, anyone knows what the proper set up for a
TR6 should be handlingwise, or anyone with experience in lowering the
front end? If so, with what effect?

Remember to have read somewhere that the TR6 was raised in the front.
There is supposed to be a tall shim in the suspension tower located
above the spring. It seems that cutting down on that shim would lower
the front. Anyone tried to do something to that shim?

Best, Lars
74 1/2 TR6