Re: It won't start

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: It won't start
From: "Jane Burdekin" <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 10:23:14 -0600
I do have the manuel adjustment on the dist, and I did turn a bit, guess I
better borrow my friend's timing light and check that out too.  I know
better than to change a bunch of things all at once, but I got frustrated
and off we went.  Not the first time this has happened, it's always a good
lesson and you learn so much.

Jane (keeping you posted)

> Ok, did you happen to play with the distributor timing by chance?
> Is your distributor the type that you manualy set the timing by
> turning a little know?  If so when you change points you HAVE to set
> the timing.  That holds true even for cars where you use a timing
> lite.  I found that out the hard way and then read the book.  Thats
> how guys do things.<g>
>
> The other thing I hate to say is you could have a bad spark plug out
> of the box.  It has happened to me before and as usual you don't
> check that until all else fails to pan out.
>

> > I did regap all the plugs to .25 still no start, I'm still looking.
> > I know there is spark to the points.  I forgot to turn the key off
> > before putting the screw driver into the points, and I saw the
> > spark.
> >

> Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
>
> 1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
> 1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start
teardown)
> 1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to
install)