(spitfire) life on the street

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (spitfire) life on the street
From: romano@bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk (Romano Kroemer)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 18:19:07 +0100 (BST)
Dear listers,

a question related to how to keep a Spitfire at its best under street parking
  conditions.

Up to now my Spitfire and I have enjoyed the benefits of a garage. However, I
  have to move house rather soon (to London) and I'm not sure if I'll be able
  to find another accomodation with a garage (of course I'll ask first:
  "what's the size of the garage" ... ;-)). In case I will have to park the
  Spitfire on the street under the harsh British weather conditions, what
  would be the best way to keep it in good running order and preferably
  rust-free? (car cover etc.)

Any advice, input from listers with similar experiences etc. higly appreciated!

Cheers
Romano
'77 Spit
Oxford UK

PS: In case you find it very cruel of me to contemplate even to keep the Spit
  on the street, I am willing of course to go straight into the corner  ;-)
PSPS: Any Londoners out there?