Re: Valve clearances - OHC

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Valve clearances - OHC
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:32:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Allen Nugent wrote:
> That confirms what I was told. Funnily, none of the shops I have spoken to
> know anyone with the equipment, which I could make myself with a lathe, some
> rubber tubing, a pressure gauge, and a regulated compressor (maybe I will.)
> Ny idea how much pressure one would apply? (Don't want to pop any seals.)

  An engine makes hundreds of PSI, I don't think you could blow anything
if you tried. However, it doesn't take a lot of psi. Usually a leak down
test
is only done on a cylinder with low compression, you know there is at
least
some leaking you only need enough pressure to find it.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/