[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: MD.FEED@nwh.org
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:26:54 -0400

Subject: TR-6 Transmission Gaskets

I recently bought some transmission gaskets from TRF,part # 515121, $6.00 for
four
paper gaskets. They are very thin, such that I decided to measure them with a
micro
meter. Each were ).005" thick. These are my questions. What function can these
very thin
gaskets have other than to seal some mild surface imperfections? Is any other
gasket
material needed either on top or underneath for effective sealing? By using
these
gaskets as templates would a 1/16th gasket material be a better gasket?

Dennis 75 TR-6