Re: Wobbles

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, William Hofmann <bill@flextrim.com>
Subject: Re: Wobbles
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:30:58 -0400
     the tires...seriously.

     Jeff

Subject: Wobbles
Author:  William Hofmann <bill@flextrim.com> at SMTP
Date:    4/21/98 8:54 AM

Has anyone exeperienced the following...
I puchased a '73 TR6 and at 60 MPH the front end shimmys so...
I replace the rubber rack & pinion mount bushings with the solid aluminium ones
and it still shimmys so...
I balance and align the front end and it still shimmys so...
I repack the front wheel bearings and it still shimmys so..
I replace all the bushings on the front end, install new tie rod ends, new
trunions(sp?) , lower ball joints and shocks and the &*^%$%&^ thing still
shimmys.
I am running out of things to replace.  Anyone got an idea?