Re: TR4 Windshield Removal

To: MRobe33243 <MRobe33243@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 Windshield Removal
From: "Charles Lattimer" <lattimer@tenet.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:11:27
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 05:26 PM 4/20/98 EDT, MRobe33243 wrote:

>     I have some welding to do along the bottom and both uprights of my
>windshield frame.  I have removed the metal glazibg strip which allows some
>sompression of the outer rubber glazing; but I am stumped.
>
>     do I pry the glass outwards from the strip or do I pry the outer rubber
>glazing inwards, glass and all?  Whatever, are there any special tools or
>magic concoctions that I should use?
>

>TIA
>
>Bob Roberts
>TR4 35411CT

Dear Bob,

     I just removed my windshield last week.  I plan to replace the glass and
weatherstripping, so just to see if it was possible, I tried to remove the
glass
without cutting the rubber.  With just a little prying, I managed to put a 12"
crack down the middle.  So I cut away all of the outside rubber, and was able
to push the windshield out quite easliy.

Chuck Lattimer
'66 TR4A IRS
Brownsville, TX