Triumph Overdrive questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Overdrive questions
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:21:53 +1200

Hi All,

I am new to both Triumphs and this list so if this question has been asked
before so please humour me.

I am curious about the spare MOD that came with my 1972 Triumph 2000.

It has only 4 springs in the front cavity whereas the manual shows many
springs in the same place.  It is clear that there are no springs missing, so
I am wondering if this is a later OD unit perhaps the `J', whereas the one
shown in the manual may be an 'A'.

Is this the case, and other than the number of springs and the actual OD ratio
is there any real difference between the 'A' and the 'J'?

Also, the spare OD doesn't have an adaptor plate, is this likely to be the
same for both the A and the J.  I am assuming that the one fitted to the car
(1972) should be the earlier 'A' type?

Thansk for all your help

--

Cheers Kris...