Re: Choke cables

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Choke cables
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:09:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Cliff...

don't underestimate your abilities... On several occasions I have
repaired these cables simply by mixing and matching parts from other old
cables... even cables from other cars or odd "choke kits" from the local
parts store...  Take a close look at your original choke knob/etc. and
see if you can repair it...  replace parts etc...

Using the heater cable is a valid idea... and you could easily replace
both the inner and outer cables to make it work for you... assuming the
original choke mechanism is beyond repair.

Choke Repair examples:

Inner wire has been damaged an is now too short to work...
    Repair:  Cut the outer housing a little shorter.

Outer Housing is damaged beyond repair...
   Remove outer housing and replace with new housing... (with thought,
you'll figure out a way to do it!)

Etc. etc..

Over the years... I've repaired these things on several different
Triumphs...without special tools... and no one would look at my cables
and say, "Look what the DPO did!"... they basically wouldn't be able to
tell I did anything!

--Justin